Identifying the symptoms of jaw pain can be difficult because of the many ways jaw pain can occur. However, if jaw pain continues to be an issue and the pain does not easily go away, it may be the sign of a deeper issue.
Here are a few facts about jaw and facial pain:
– Common indicators of jaw and facial pain include jaw tenderness, headaches, and irregular pain felt in or around the ear.
– Jaw pain can produce issues with biting into foods and can hinder your abilities to chew, speak, and bite properly.
– If you notice any of the indications of jaw or facial pain, visit your dentist for a detailed exam of your oral health, which may also include X-Rays to help learn the source of your ailment.
– Likely causes of facial and jaw pain include toothaches, infections, oral accidents and injuries, and a plethora of oral health ailments. This includes ailments such as gum disease, TMJ disorders, and bruxism.
– Likely treatments for facial and jaw pain include medications, antibiotics, pain relievers, and mouth guards. More serious services including extractions and root canals may also be an option.
If you notice signs of jaw pain, fortunately, it can be treated. Wong Dental remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 626-709-3332. Stop by our dentist office in Covina, California, and Dr. Lin Wong and our team will give you the treatment you need. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you.