Do you know the keys to treating your halitosis? Halitosis is a medical condition more commonly known as persistent bad breath that doesn’t want to go away. However, our team here at Wong Dental in Covina, California, is happy to tell you there is hope for treating halitosis and provide you with basic tips and tricks to overcoming it.
So, let’s get down to the main question: how do you treat bad breath? There are many ways to treat bad breath, which include:
– Visiting your dentist regularly is vital. By going to your semi-annual appointment with your oral health care professional, Dr. Lin Wong, you could be reducing plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can play host to thousands of different kinds of bacteria that creates bad breath.
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you chew sugarless gum or eat unique foods like apples that require a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Quit smoking. If you rid yourself from this nasty habit, not only will you have better breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Use mouthwash daily. Mouthwash can kick bacteria out of your mouth that is causing the bad breath.
– Brush and floss your teeth each day. Having a proper dental routine is the key to having positive oral health.
There are so many different treatments to halitosis or bad breath. Being able to bring back your oral health is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a check-up for your smile, or you still have questions about your halitosis, please call us today at 626-709-3332 to set up an appointment. Our amazing staff is happy to help you in any way we can.